If you are new to poker betting and gambling and are searching for rules of different games, you will have arrived at the right place. Here, we are about to discuss the rules of several popular poker games.
Rules of Texas Hold’em
- Each player gets two hole cards, which is for them to see
- The dealer spreads five community cards that all players have access to
- Each of the players has to make a hand using the hole cards and community cards
- It is a poker rule in Texas hold’em to bet the same amount.
- There are five cards round in Texas hold’em- pre-flop, flop, turn, river and finally, the showdown
- The person with the best hand wins.
Rules of Omaha
There are three types of Omaha poker games:
- Pot-limit Omaha: The poker rule is, a player can raise to a limit of what is already in the pot. If there is $100 in the pot, then a poker player cannot raise more than $100.
- No-limit Omaha: A poker player can bet any amount. There is no limit to the amount you can bet and the amount you can raise. No limit Omaha is a very high-stake game.
- Fixed limit Omaha: A fixed limit is decided beforehand. The total amount cannot exceed more than what is fixed. This rule applies to all the rounds.
The Rules difference
The rules of Omaha and Texas hold’em are the same. However, there is one difference. In Texas hold’em, a player gets two hole cards, and in Omaha, a player gets four hole cards.
Also, in Texas hold’em a poker player might use one or both of his hole cards. But in Omaha, a poker player has to use only two cards to make a hand, which consists of five cards.
Rules of 5 Card Draw
- The objective of 5 cards draw is to have the best hand at the end of the round
- Each of the poker players gets five cards that are dealt face down
- They may discard up to three cards in the game
- The players are entitled to re-draw the number of cards they have discarded
- The player to have the best hand wins
- Hand rankings in 5 card draw are from high to low.
- Ace is generally the highest. However, some people prefer to place it at the lowest rank.
Rules of Playing Razz
- The objective of poker game Razz is to make the lowest possible hand. It is essentially a lowball game.
- Before beginning razz, each player ante, meaning they place a nominal amount as bets. It gives the players the motivation to play.
- At first, each player is given three cards. Two of them would be face down, and the other is face-up, for all to see.
- Then a fourth card is given to all the players in a face-up position
- The fifth and the sixth cards are exposed as well
- The final card is given face down
- In Razz, each player gets 7 cards, and they have to make a hand of five.